Dear Church Family,
What’s next for you?
I talked to someone the other day about their life plan and he mentioned several possibilities. Sometimes thinking about all the options and all the decisions that need to be made can become paralyzing. What if I make the wrong decision? What if step four doesn’t come after step three? What if I don’t get into that degree program? What if I’m not married by this certain age? What if I never have children? What if I don’t get that job? There are so many questions that come to mind as we seek to move forward and make progress. As I was talking to my friend about all the decisions and details of what may come in the future, I told him that he needs to simply ask the question, “What’s next?” I told him he needed to simply focus on taking his next step. In a similar way, as you think about knowing God, growing in your relationship with God, and serving God in the world, you may become paralyzed by all that you could do. So, I want you to simply ask the question, “What’s next?” What’s your next step? I’ve compiled a list of the next steps I want you to consider taking. There are several listed but I want you to simply pick one. I want you to take your next step. Look over the list below and chose which one you will take.
- Sign up to receive the weekly Mission Update email (You can sign up at thehillbaptist.com or by calling the church office.)
- Begin attending the Worship Service on Sundays at 11am
- Begin attending a Sunday school class on Sundays at 9:45am (We offer two adult classes.)
- Place your faith in Jesus as your Lord and Savior for the first time
- Get Baptized (schedule a time to talk to me and we’ll plan a date)
- Become a member of The Hill Baptist Church (Fill out a membership card located in the vestibule of the Sanctuary.)
- Go through the six-lesson curriculum entitled Discipleship Essentials (Talk to me about scheduling a time to go through this curriculum.)
- Begin attending the Wednesday evening prayer time & Bible study
- Begin using your giftedness to serve in a specific role in the church at least once a month (Ask me about specific serving opportunities in our church.)
- Start giving financially to the mission of the Church (You can give your gift in person, or you can mail it to the Church, or you can give online at thehillbaptist.com and click on GIVE.)
- Invite someone to come with you to a Worship Service
- Share the gospel with someone
- Begin reading the Bible every day (I encourage you to start with the New Testament letter to the Philippians.)
I hope this specific list helps you take your next step! If you have any questions or if there is any way I can help you take your next step please let me know. You can email me at email@example.com, call the church office, or talk to me in person.
Pastor Ron Jones